Sunday, November 11, 2007

About Jackson

His Racing Days
Goofy, goofy, Jackson. Jackson's race name is Bd's Joshua. (See his pedigree and race record here.) Jackson won 12 of the 89 races he ran, running his last race on April 13, 2007. Jackson ran all of his races at the Jefferson County Kennel Club in Monticello, Florida.

Retirement
Jackson made his trip to Virginia the weekend of June 16, 2007. The volunteers who met the hauler called me from the road to tell me how beautiful Jackson was... I couldn't wait to meet him! From his early descriptions I expected an elegant, sophisticated hound. Boy, was I wrong.

Goofy, goofy, Jackson. Most Greyhounds leave the track as thin as rails. Not this boy, this was one Chunky Monkey. He must have been the recipient of many, many treats.

Jackson is a Lab in a Greyhound's body. He loves to play fetch, takes daily inventory of his toys (and hunts down escapees), grunts and gurgles, and runs around the yard without intent. He annoys Harvey to no end... he's like the little brother who constantly asks "Whatcha doin'?" Goofy, goofy, Jackson. He makes my heart sing.

Oh, and Harvey? How I thought he needed a friend? Nope, that was just his personality.

No comments: