Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Magic of Peanut Butter

Jackson is a big baby when it comes time to trim nails. I don't blame him though, as a vet tech once nicked a quick so badly that it bled for hours. I heard Jackson scream from the back of the vet's office when it happened and vowed to learn how to trim Harvey and Jackson's nails myself. Since I'm a nervous-ninny about performing nail trims, I knew Jackson and I would have to gain our confidence together.

I bought a dremel, and studied these excellent dremel instructions. I tried Harvey first, and he was a champ! Jackson was a different story. Jackson wouldn't hold still and kept yanking his paws away. I was ready to give up until I came across this awesome tip... Rub peanut butter on the inside of a turn-out muzzle. So simple, and it works perfectly! I use soy butter instead of peanut butter, but Jackson loves it just the same.

Here's Jackson...completely oblivious to what's happening with his paws.


The nails are done, but Jackson still has a bit of soy butter to finish!


And here's Harvey, already finished with his trim and napping the afternoon away.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Glad the peanut butter worked!