Earlier this month we stopped by the Byrd Park Pump House. The Pump House provided water for the City of Richmond from 1883 to 1924. In addition to its utilitarian function, it was also a social venue and boasted a dance hall on the upper level.
Although normally closed to the public, the Pump House building welcomed visitors a couple of Saturdays ago. For one beautiful day folks could stroll through the pumping area and climb the steps to the old dance hall. The site is undergoing revitalization, and plans include reopening the building to the public as a reception space.
Please enjoy some photos from our day.
2 months ago